INSIDE THE STUDIO
- Keep in mind that you generally do not need more than one foot of space on either side of your mat. As others come in welcome them by graciously making room for them.
- Please honour the silence in the yoga studio, and respect this policy as others await class to begin and rest afterwards. If talking at all, please speak softly.
- When practicing hot yoga, make sure to bring a mat and a towel to place over top to prevent slipping and for your safety.
- Feel free to use any of the yoga props provided in the studios (bolsters, blocks, straps or blankets) please return them neatly to the space provided at the end of each class.
- If you know you will have to leave early, let the teacher know beforehand. Sit near the door and try to leave at a good time in the class (i.e. just before meditation starts, not in the middle of it – likewise with savasana).
- If you have a medical condition that may affect your ability to safely participate please inform your instructor at the beginning of the class.
- If you are not feeling well and must leave, try to signal the teacher and leave the room as quietly as possible. If it becomes worse, or you feel faint please let the teacher know immediately so that we may assist you.
- Savasana (final relaxation) is an important part of the practice, please do your best to stay until this has been completed.
- Always feel free to ask your yoga teacher for assistance during your class. If you have longer questions that relate to your individual practice, approach your teacher after class.
- Teachers are always willing to suggest resources and referrals. Feel free to ask about these or about the music used during the class, at the end of class.
- It is fine to acknowledge your teacher at class end, though not necessary. The best way to acknowledge your teacher is by practicing well and consistently, and by bringing the spirit of yoga into your daily life and work.
- If you notice anything amiss at Chinook Yoga, consider taking care of it as a practice of karma yoga. If it requires additional attention, please inform the teacher or someone at the reception area.
And above all, have a great time!