CHINOOK YOGA & COVID-19
We are OPEN for in-person classes.
We have put into place a number of changes to keep you safe so that we can continue to practice together.
Here are the very important details:
- We still ask that you pre-register and purchase to hold your spot BEFORE arriving at studio classes. You can do this by logging into your Chinook MindBody account or using the MindBody app on your phone. We will not be doing transactions at the studio.
- You can use a current membership, punch card or drop in for your class in person or virtually (contact us to reactivate your membership).
- Although we are back to full capacity, please do not reserve a space you cannot attend. If you sign up and do not attend, you will still be charged for the class and will incur a $20 no show fee. This fee will also be charged to no-show people with memberships.
- We will open classes for online registration 1 week before the scheduled class.
- The studio will only be open 30 minutes before and after the class time.
- A towel is required for warm/hot classes. You must bring your own, as we are not supplying towels at this time.
- We ask that you only bring what you need for class (mat/props/full water bottle/towel) and leave everything else at home or in your car (that includes your phone, purse, extra clothing).
- The boutique will be closed during class hours – however, should you wish to purchase something, you can make an appointment with Meg to go shopping.
Chinook now offers almost all of our classes Virtually! Just choose the virtual option when signing up and you will be sent the login details via email 30 minutes before class. By doing this we can serve those who are ready to venture out AND those who prefer to practice at home or are not in PG
What we are doing to keep you safe:
- We have new OM symbols on the floor to designate your area.
- We encourage you to bring all your own props, but we will have props available. Consider bringing a freshly laundered pillowcase to cover a bolster (required to use our bolsters) and a thick towel in place of a blanket.
- We will continue to sanitize the floors, handles and surfaces in all studio areas between each class.
- We will leave windows open where possible to allow for greater air flow.
- We will no longer be offering adjustments/assists or temple massages until it is safe to do so.
- We will have hand sanitizer available throughout the studio.
- We will not allow teachers or students who have viral symptoms to enter into the studio.
What can you do to keep yourself and others safe:
- Do not come in if you’re not feeling well or have been exposed to someone with Covid 19 or in contact with someone that has travelled.
How can you help our small yoga studio:
- Keep attending classes – either in person or virtually. We need your support now more than ever.
- If you have not already done so, please consider reactivating your suspended membership.
- Sign up for a private or semi-private session with one of our amazing and highly trained teachers. These can be done at the studio, on Zoom, or another location including outdoors. Treat yourself! Email us for availability.
We understand that everyone has a different level of comfort with the current re-opening of businesses around the Province. We sincerely ask that you pause and check in with how you feel about returning to an in-person class. If you are feeling unsure or anxious, perhaps the better choice right now is to do virtual classes and/or outdoor classes. We want you to be comfortable and have a good experience if you choose to come back to the studio.
We are hopeful that this new model will be successful and allow Chinook Yoga to continue to provide a safe and supportive space for both yoga practice and community. We thank you for making this all possible and supporting one another as we move forward collectively.