STUDIO REOPENING & COVID-19
We are OPEN for in-person classes.
We have put into place a number of changes to keep you safe so that we can continue to practice together.
**As of November 20th, masks are required upon entering the building until you reach your mat. All classes are now regular temperature (up to 25C) until December 7th.
Here are the very important details:
- The class schedule and class sizes will be limited and you will need to register and purchase to hold your spot BEFORE arriving at studio classes. You can do this by logging into your Chinook MindBody account or using the MindBody app on your phone. We will not be doing transactions at the studio.
- You can use a current membership, punch card or drop in for your class (contact us to reactivate your membership).
- As all classes are extremely limited in size, please do not reserve a space you cannot attend. If you sign up and do not attend, you will still be charged for the class.
- We will open classes for online registration 1 week before the scheduled class.
- The studio will only be open 15 minutes before and after the class time.
- We ask that you only bring what you need for class (mat/props/full water bottle/towel) and leave everything else at home or in your car (that includes your phone, purse, extra clothing).
- 2 freshly laundered towels are mandatory for warm & hot classes, please bring these with you.
- For outdoor classes at Lheidli T’enneh Memorial Park, you do not need to pre-register although class size will be limited to the first 50 people. If you do not have an active membership, you can pay with a cash donation (suggested amount $15-$20). Part of the proceeds will be donated to St. Vincent de Paul.
- The boutique will be closed during class hours – however, should you wish to purchase something, you can make an appointment with Denise to go shopping.
Chinook will also continue to offer a live class 6 times a week on Zoom along other recorded classes on our Online Membership Portal. There is also an online library of over 300 classes taught by our amazing Chinook teachers. By doing this we can serve those who are ready to venture out AND those who want to continue to shelter in place.
What we are doing to keep you safe:
- The number of people allowed in a class will be limited and will follow the physical distancing recommendations set out by WCB. We have new OM symbols on the floor to designate your area.
- There will be no overlapping classes and only one studio space will be used at this time.
- We will not have mats, blankets or towels for use at this time, so you are responsible for bringing your own mat & small towel. We encourage you to bring all your own props, but we will have blocks and straps available and they will be sanitized after every class. Consider bringing a freshly laundered pillowcase to cover a bolster (required to use our bolsters) and a thick towel in place of a blanket.
- We will continue to sanitize the floors, handles and surfaces in all studio areas between each class.
- We will leave windows open where possible to allow for greater air flow.
- We will no longer be offering adjustments/assists or temple massages until it is safe to do so.
- We will have hand sanitizer available throughout the studio.
- We are discouraging the use of our bathrooms, and will only 1 bathroom available if needed and to be used at your own discretion – if used you are asked to use the disinfectant wipes provided to wipe down services before and after.
- Showers and change rooms are not available for access.
- We are no longer offering tea or filtered water for use. Please bring a full water bottle to your class.
- We will not allow teachers or students who have viral symptoms to enter into the studio.
What can you do to keep yourself and others safe:
- Please wash your hands frequently.
- Please refrain from physical contact with each other– no handshaking or hugging. And please keep conversation minimal in the indoor space. Chatting and reconnecting is best outside and physically distanced.
- When you enter the studio, be mindful of the entrance and potential bottlenecks. Wait for your turn. Go straight to your designated area in the studio and relax while you wait for your class to begin. We ask that you leave as soon as the class is over.
- Take all of your gear home with you. This includes mats, props, water bottles and clothes. We will be cleaning more than ever and we need to keep the area clutter free.
- And of course, do not come in if you’re not feeling well, have recently traveled out of country or have been exposed to someone with Covid 19 or in contact with someone that has travelled.
How can you help our small yoga studio:
- Keep attending classes – either in person or through our Online Portal Membership. We need your support now more than ever.
- If you have not already done so, please consider reactivating your suspended membership.
- If you have found the Online Membership Portal beneficial and supportive, please let others know who might experience the same nourishment and help us grow our online community.
- Sign up for a private or semi-private session with one of our amazing and highly trained teachers. These can be done at the studio, on Zoom, or another location including outdoors. Treat yourself! Email us for availability.
We understand that everyone has a different level of comfort with the current re-opening of businesses around the Province. We sincerely ask that you pause and check in with how you feel about returning to an in-person class. If you are feeling unsure or anxious, perhaps the better choice right now is to do virtual classes through our Online Membership Portal and/or outdoor classes. We want you to be comfortable and have a good experience if you choose to come back to the studio.
We are hopeful that this new model will be successful and allow Chinook Yoga to continue to provide a safe and supportive space for both yoga practice and community. We thank you for making this all possible and supporting one another as we move forward collectively.